Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Do You Bake Review YUMMY

 I recently had the opportunity to try out one of the products from "Do you Bake." I tried out the Frenchy Chicken and Quinoa. I thought it would be a good dish to try since we all like Quinoa here and chicken.  I opened the box, and pulled out the ingredients. The herb package in it smelled awesome! It has the Quinoa and herbs im the box. I needed to purchase the chicken, tomatoe and onion on my own. Not a big deal to me. The box says it serves 4. I was unsure what I was going to do, since our family is bigger than 4. In the end I decided to cook extra Quinoa with that in the box, and I cooked 4 Large Chicken Breasts, but I cut them into smaller pieces so everyone could have some. Making the dish was simple. Spread your chicken out in the pan in a circle. Drizzle Olive Oil over the tops of the chicken, Then sprinkle the herbs in the packet over each piece of chicken. I had plenty of herbs to cover the chicken.  You then mix the onion and tomato together, put them in the middle of the pan of chicken and bake. While it bakes you cook the quinoa. When it is all done you put the quinoa in the middle of the chicken, ontop of the tomato and onion and serve.

Anyone that knows me and my family knows I have some children that can be PICKY! Making a meal that everyone likes, and that has no complaints does not happen every day. But this dish was good, it smelled great. The herbs flavored the chicken just right, not to strong but definately there. ALL 5 kids ate it and liked it! So in my mind this is a dish thats a hit. I would and probably will buy this again. I wish it came in a package for a larger family, that is the only drawback I saw it was not enough for my army. But I run into that aot. The herbs that were in the package were so good and I love to cook with large amounts of herbs! I want to taste the herbs I am cooking with and I did with the Frenchy Chicken. 

So if you have a chance to buy it for your family go for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment