Wednesday, July 22, 2009

adversity and thoughts

"Learning to endure times of disappointment, suffering, and sorrow is part of our on-the-job training. These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are precisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character, and increase our compassion for others."
Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Come What May, and Love It, Ensign", Nov. 2008, 27

I woke to the above in my email today. Pretty good time. Recently I have felt bombarded with stuff, you know the saying "when it rains it pours"? I spend most days feeling like I drowned. Trying to figure out how to get through it best and come out ahead. I am waiting for surgery to be scheduled this week, thats turning into a hassle thats about to make my head pop. Hopefully its done soon.
I am to train for a new job next week, hopefully surgery does not mess that up. Its a contract position again. I dont mind them though. I am still looking for something else.
Kids are enjoying summer break. They are not doing school. I hope they enjoy. I wanted to get in some fun stuff but thats not happening. Hopefully soon I can. There is not much happening. I mostly wanted to share the quote above.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!!! Going under the knife and recovery is never fun, but in the end you should feel much better. Yay! I'm sure your kids are looking forward to doting on you for a few weeks! Hope it all works out well for you

    ReplyDelete