Thursday, March 26, 2009

~A Best friend~A Quote~ A group of friends~A Thank you~

So yesterday due to many things was a rough day for me. I was pretty emotional. It actually started Tuesday night. I went for a walk to take a time out for myself. During my walk I called my good friend "D" She is awesome. She listened to me rant, rave, cry, sound like an idiot- all while walking around in the dark in my PJ's! She even cried with me! She is awesome. I went home feeling a little better. She then let a group of friends we have know I was struggling again. By Thursday morning when I woke up, and shortly after, as I sat and watched my email I was over ran with responses from these awesome ladies! It was awesome. They express their love and concern for me, and she had let them know I had ran out of $$, again. (This happens way to often) So some donations were also sent. Making it possible to buy pull ups, milk, and other things we needed in the house. Along with a couple other things needed. I have 3 major repairs left to do to the house. 1 I had worked out on the how, the 2nd is cleaning the pipes for the wood burning stove- I figure its warming up it can wait a little if need be, the 3rd the power line from the house to garage has to be replaced ASAP. I had a quote, seems reasonable. I had thought I could get that taken care of, but would take another month or so. Had me worried. I can now get that taken care of thanks to these awesome friends I have all over the world. Some of the responses were anonymous. I am truly grateful to these ladies and their husbands- those that have them. They have helped me many times, been my strength and support through much. Motivated me for home school issues, answered questions on it, and on life. They have been my mentours, my friends and my family. When I have felt down they cheer me, when I have felt lost, they find me, they are awesome. Sure there are times when some of them annoy me, but well lets face it we all annoy someone at one point or another. There are a few things going on I am not comfortable bringing up in public, and some of you know that, Some of you know whats up. 
I want to thank you all for being there for me, and to Thank D for being there for me. 
As I was reading emails yesterday I also had an LDS Gem come through with a quote that was perfect for the day. I am going to share it. The whole article can be read by following the quote. 

Peace during Times of Distress

Posted: 25 Mar 2009 01:00 AM PDT

"We know that sometimes it can be difficult to keep our heads above water. In fact, in our world of change, challenges, and checklists, sometimes it can seem nearly impossible to avoid feeling overwhelmed by emotions of suffering and sorrow."I am not suggesting that we can simply flip a switch and stop the negative feelings that distress us. This isn't a pep talk or an attempt to encourage those sinking in quicksand to imagine instead they are relaxing on a beach. I recognize that in all of our lives there are real concerns. I know there are hearts here today that harbor deep sorrows. Others wrestle with fears that trouble the soul. For some, loneliness is their secret trial."These things are not insignificant."However, [there are] two principles that may help you find a path to peace, hope, and joy—even during times of trial and distress. I want to speak about God's happiness and how each one of us can taste of it in spite of the burdens that beset us."

Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Happiness, Your Heritage," Ensign, Nov. 2008, 117–18

No comments:

Post a Comment